Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Laundry Dilemma

At the outset let me assure everyone that i am a very hygienic person - i bathe once a day (twice now thanks to rajkot market visits), i brush my teeth and the like. I am generally clean and like wearing nice clean washed clothes. Which brings me to my dilemma.

I currently stay in a hotel that charges Rs.5 for washing a pair of socks. The other rates can be extrapolated. For the uninitiated, I am generally a stingy guy - well with best friends who are Marwadi and Sindhi and having spent 4 yrs in a Sindhi college, not much else can really be expected from me.

I am also lazy - refer a post below for confirmation - which means i wont really wash my clothes myself. Aw come one - after a 6 day week on veggie food - u hardly expect me to spend my Sunday washing clothes, even if I was not lazy.

So the deal is - clothes need to be washed - laundry too expensive - clothes belong to cheap guy - who is too lazy to wash them himself - clothes still need to be washed.

The Laundry Dilemma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apply a good deodarant (Axe or Brute costs around Rs.110 for a fairly large bottle). And believe me after some days the sugand does remain so tht u don't have to apply that as well. Hope that solves ur problem
--
Jeetesh(Proud to be a Sindhi)

Sangeet Paul said...

how much u crib da

u're in hll man.. the pseudness and works.. njoi

Anonymous said...

Finally took heed to the number of times you have campaigned for me to grace your blog.. :)
Have a more practical and uniquely Indian solution.. GET MARRIED!! :) Wome take care of everything :) Alternately.. get a girl who is brilliant, has a high paying job, let her become the bread winner of the family, and you can sit at home, paying for the laundry with her earnings :)